Monday, December 18, 2006

2 months later.......(I know, I am awful)

Okay, so, yes. It has been almost 2 full months since I have even thought about updating my blog. And, as you know, in 2 months a lot happens. Really though, November and December have been pretty uneventful other than normal holiday stuff. Thanksgiving this year was a little strange. Jon's family came into town and had a picnic out at the air force base. (Jon's Uncle Riley is a general in the air force.) I went out there for a few hours, and then the kids went home with his mom and dad. I spent the rest of the day with my parents. Jon had to work Thanksgiving, so he slept all day and went into work that night. (For any of you who don't know, Jon works nights.) It was pretty uneventful, and ended up being a pretty good day of rest for me.

We are trying to get ready for Christmas. It is a little hard to really get excited when your 3-year old let's you know in no uncertain terms that she wants nothing to do with Christmas. I am beginning to learn that she is pretty much frightened of anything that is not real. Yes, this includes Santa. Now mind you, she has never seen Santa in her entire life. Maybe that's the problem, but either way, she continually tells me that she does not want ANYTHING for Christmas. I have asked her at least 50 times over the past couple of months, and she insists that candy canes will be fine. Jon says we should count our blessings and go spend 20 dollars on candy canes and call it a day. I would feel like a pretty bad mom if she didn't have anything to open Christmas morning, so we are not going with his idea, although, it will be a pretty low key Christmas. Seth isn't really old enough to know what is going on, and he will probably be happy with a box and a bow.

Speaking of Seth, he turned 9 months old on the 12th of this month. He is doing some very adorable things these days. He LOVES to play patty cakes. All you have to do is say the words, and he gets a huge grin on his face and starts clapping. And his first word is none other than Mommy! I love it! Payten's first word was Abby (our dog), so I was excited about Mommy. I'm not so sure that he knows what the word means, but he say it all the time. Linda says that he never stops talking throughout the day. Payten is that way too....not sure where they get it from:)

As soon as I catch my breath, I need to sit and update my pictures, but until then, I wanted to at least write a little before it all escaped my head.

No comments: