Thursday, July 05, 2007

Red White and Blue Day

We had a great Fourth of July. Very relaxing! Jon had to work, so the kids and I got out of the house to let him sleep (if you don't know, he works nights). Anyway, we went to a Pancake breakfast for church, did a little shopping and hung out at my parents. We ate cookies, grilled, etc. Payten and I went up to take dinner and cookies to Jon at the hospital, and then came back to our house and watched fireworks. We live in a county where fireworks are legal, so there were about four or five families that put on a great show in our neighborhood. As far as I'm concerned, that is the the best way to watch them- in your driveway at home, where all you have to do is shut the garage and go in when they are done.


He is definitely a climber, and he loves that he can now climb up on chairs to see what's on top of tables. His face says it all..."What Mommy?"
Payten watching the fireworks. Sorry about the big walmart bag....she really wanted to know what was inside.
We took this picture last weekend when we went to Paragould (northern AR). She and her cousin when to the water park and had a blast.
Okay, so you can see all of these cookies. We spent all afternoon taking him down from this chair and trying to move the cookies out of his reach. I think he ate 4 whole ones by the end of the day. Probably not the best thing in the world for him, but I figure that's what Grandma's house is for.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok miss thing in her little bathing suit and sun glasses. She is so cute. That was a lot of cookies. Glad seth got to partake in the popcicle eating. I bet that was fun to clean up. Love you.

Lew said...

Ok, those cookies bring back some good memories! YUM!!!! They seriously made my mouth water. Looks like you guys had a really fun 4th of July. I can't say it enough...your kids are precious.