We braved the crowds this year and took the kids to the fair. Every once in a while, I am reminded of the fact that, yes, we are Arkansans. Making a trip to the state fair is definitely one of those times! I should have just taken my camera to take pictures of all of the people around us. I am pretty sure that there are a lot of them that only get out once a year to come to the "big city," and this was it. Aside from thoroughly enjoying people watching, Payten had fun riding on a few of the rides. The dragon ride was her favorite. It's one of those rides that you can spin as fast or slow as you want. Jon got in with her and made them go around so fast she was almost sick. I'm glad he was there to do that with her, because those kinds of rides make me sick. I would much rather go on a roller coaster. It didn't matter much since I am pregnant, but I did enjoy watching them. There was also a show going on that we stopped to watch. Payten volunteered to go up on stage when they asked for helpers. She got to play cowgirl and dance to the music. Although Seth wasn't able to get on stage, he had just as good a time dancing in his seat. And of course, in addition to all of the fun we had, we ate lots of good, greasy fair food! That's my favorite part of the fair! (I even ate a fried Twinkie this year-not sure I would recommend it to anyone unless you really want to have a heart attack, but it was good to try it.)

Payten giving her ticket to go on the "Dragon Tale" ride!

She had to have the pink dragon

If you look real close, you can see her laughing back there. She was laughing so hard she couldn't breathe.

Payten and Seth love to dance together. There was some music playing, so they were entertaining us.

Seth watching the show. He had his hands flying everywhere.

The star herself

These toys are such a rip off, but they definitely know how to market to four year olds, and when she batted her eyes and asked Daddy if she could get one, Jon couldn't resist.

Jon and Seth tearing up this turkey leg. (Jon was not happy about me taking this picture-if you can't tell.)

No comments:
Post a Comment