Friday, October 26, 2007

Conversations with a 4 year old

I had to write a couple of recent conversations before I forget them.

We were driving in the car the other day and a conversation ensued with Payten.

Payten: "Mommy, when are we going to a garage sale?"

Now, I was not planning on going to garage sale at all, so the question took me by surprise.

Me: "We are not going to one, Sweaty."

Payten: "But Mommy, how are we going to start buying all the stuff we are going to need for our mansions when we live with Heavenly Father? It's going to take lots of stuff to fill it up, so we need to start now."

I just love when they share a little of what's going on in their heads :=)

Jon took the kids up to Jonesboro for the past few days and on the way home, another conversation:

Payten: "Daddy, someone is going to be waiting for us when we get home."

Jon: "Who might that be?"

Payten: "She has hair just like mine. She loves Me, Seth and You, and she has an attitude just like me too."

Of course Jon was laughing because he is always telling me that she gets her attitude (which she has a lot of these days) from her me. Again, another testament that kids listen and pick up on everything!

No comments: